Employer: mediaBrew Communications Marquette Llc., an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Marquette, Michigan – Unless you are willing to move, please realize we are not looking for anyone who isn’t local. Because of the board-op section of this job, we absolutely need someone who can work IN Marquette and AROUND Marquette County. This is not a job that can be done remotely. If you are applying from out of state please indicate that you are willing to move for this job in the space provided in the application form or somewhere in your resume. Also indicate if you are willing and able to travel to games outside of Marquette (within the Upper Peninsula).
Title: On Air Sports Announcer
Approx. Weekly Hours: About 3-6 hours
Typical Hours: 6 pm – 9 pm
Number of Positions: One (1)
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Open Application Dates: Open until filled
Compensation: $25-$50 per game; based on experience
What We Offer You:
- Exciting work in radio production and sports broadcasting
- An opportunity to build valuable skills sets in broadcast media
- A motivated team-oriented environment
- A flexible schedule based on remotes and sports schedules
Primary Job Description:
As an On Air Sports Announcer you will have the opportunity to give play-by-play feedback for Marquette, Ishpeming, and Negaunee Sports games, and potentially running ad spots on location during broadcasts.
- You must be over 18
- You must be currently living in the area or willing to relocate to the Marquette area
- You must be an organized, responsible, hard-working person with a pleasant speaking voice
- You are able to learn new skills quickly and keep calm under stress
- You are detail-oriented
- You must be confident enough to deal with problems that arise unexpectedly and smoothly work them out on the fly
- Pleasant public presentation
- You must be willing to grow and develop your skills
- You must have a reliable form of transportation (especially during the winter)
- You must have a flexible schedule
- You must be comfortable using computers and learning new programs.
- Previous on-air play-by-play experience in any sport
- Knowledge or familiarity of broadcast equipment such as mixers, and Tieline equipment preferred
- Must be willing to learn how to use equipment and Tieline if no prior knowledge exists
- Must be willing to travel for games either via personal vehicle or team bus
- Must be able to broadcast a game solo
- You need to be able to make any event or news relevant to listeners.
- You will be responsible for organizing incoming information and following up on it as needed.
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition preferred otherwise training will be provided.
- On-Air experience desired. Training can be provided.
- You will work reliably with little or no supervision once trained.
- Play-by-play of select Marquette Redmen boys basketball or Marquette Redettes girls basketball games
- Fill in for select Ishpeming Hematites boys and girls and Negaunee Miners boys and girls basketball games when needed
- Potentially running ad spots on location during broadcasts
Apply For This Job Opening Now
Submit your Resume and demo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should provide a play-by-play-demo
All applicants must submit an 5-10 minute demo of play-by-play action, preferably basketball action but any sport will do.
All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at our company, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment. mediaBrew Communication Marquette Llc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does NOT discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender and encourages women and minorities to apply.’
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25-$50 per game; based on experience