Get Your Start in the Radio Industry
Employer: mediaBrew Communications Marquette Llc., an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Marquette, Michigan – Unless you are willing to move, please realize we are not looking for anyone who isn’t local. Because of the board-op section of this job, we absolutely need someone who can work IN Marquette IN our studios. This is not a job that can be done remotely. If you are applying from out of state please indicate that you are willing to move for this job in the space provided in the application form or somewhere in your resume.
Title: Studio Producer
Approx. Weekly Hours: 10-15 hours (opportunities to advance with more hours available)
Typical Hours: 5-10pm
Number of Positions: Two (2)
Estimated Start Date: February 1, 2021
Open Application Dates: Open until filled
Compensation: $9.65 per hour
What We Offer You:
- Exciting work in radio production and sports broadcasting
- An opportunity to build valuable skills sets in broadcast media
- A motivated team-oriented environment
- A flexible schedule based on remotes and sports schedules
Primary Job Description:
As a studio producer the main aspect of this position will be to manage the radio board during high school sports games like football or basketball. You do not need any prior experience in the radio industry or an advanced knowledge of sports to fill this position. We are looking for someone with an interest in radio or sports who is open to learning. We will train you on everything you need to know to for this job and future positions!
During an average night you will handle getting the sports announcers on the air, managing the ads and breaks in between the sports broadcast, recording the game and interviews, editing the game audio, writing a post-game recap, and updating the station website.
This job will teach you about recording and editing audio, professional writing, and give you technical operation skills, plus you’ll gain soft skills like troubleshooting, critical thinking, and a detail oriented attitude. After working for us you’ll have a strong foundation in a multi-media industry including experience in both radio and digital. You’ll be a published writer with experience using the world’s leading content management system, WordPress. You’ll have learned to create and update website content on top of the radio and audio aspects of this job.
This position may also include helping produce advertising by voicing ads, writing scripts, or editing audio into a complete spot. Other opportunities related to this position include becoming on-air talent with your own radio show.
This position is ideal for a college student or someone looking for a part-time job primarily in the evenings with rare but occasional hours on the weekends for playoff games or specials. Because these are high school games, the majority of your hours as a studio producer will be in the evening after regular school hours. You must be available to work week nights between the listed hours.
- You must be over 18
- You must be currently living in the area or willing to relocate to the Marquette area
- You must be an organized, responsible, hard-working person with a pleasant speaking voice
- You are able to learn new skills quickly and keep calm under stress
- You are detail-oriented
- You must be confident enough to deal with problems that arise unexpectedly and smoothly work them out on the fly
- Pleasant public presentation
- You must be willing to grow and develop your skills
- You must have a reliable form of transportation (especially during the winter)
- You must have a flexible schedule
- You must be comfortable using computers and learning new programs.
- Experience with writing short sports reports for online publication is preferred, but training will be provided.
- Experience editing graphics and audio is helpful, though training will be provided.
- Knowledge of studio equipment is desired. Training will be provided.
- Previous radio experience is not required.
- You need to be able to make any event or news relevant to listeners and our web visitors.
- You will be responsible for organizing incoming information and following up on it as needed.
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition preferred otherwise training will be provided.
- On-Air experience desired. Training can be provided.
- You will work reliably with little or no supervision once trained.
- You are responsible for setting up and conducting interviews (including recording and editing them).
- You may be required to do interviews by telephone, in the studio, and in the field.
- You will post summaries of interviews (usually with photos that you will also take) and post show activity on the internet.
- You will assist with writing and production of commercial spots.
- You will be trained and must master industry-specific software and tools, including a live-read system and other web-related tools.
- You will read ads, live reads, spots, promos, and announcements for sponsors, and may also be reading weather, local and state sports scores, and announcing local news items, birthdays, calendar items, and school closings.
- You will also assist management with any other requested tasks from time-to-time.
- Possibility of meeting with clients to produce sponsorship.
Apply For This Job Opening Now
Email your Resume, Cover Letter, References, and Writing Samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below:
Applicants should provide at least two writing samples with their initial application: one sample in the first person and one in third person – topics open to your choosing.
All writing samples should be 5-9 paragraphs long, written at the 6th-8th grade reading level with the public as intended audience. Consider reviewing previously written sports articles to draft your own version as a sample!
All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at our company, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment. mediaBrew Communication Marquette Llc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does NOT discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender and encourages women and minorities to apply.
mediaBrew Communications Marquette Llc.
3060 U.S. 41
Marquette, MI 49855
Fax: (906) 228-8128