Work in a dynamic environment with something new around every corner!
If you want to grow in your web design and writing skills in a work place with a variety of opportunities to gain more experience, this is the position for you. We are looking for a detail oriented, organized person to work with a small team on projects ranging from website builds and event promotions to creating graphic materials and writing articles and more.
This is a mid level position within the department, meaning you should feel comfortable communicating with a team and dividing up tasks. You should be flexible enough to handle an active work environment where things change quickly or information arrives under a short time constraint.
You’ll actively use interpersonal communication skills to work with other departments to collect information for projects like client requests or confirm that content published online is matching what may be put out over the air.
The ideal client will be located in Marquette or the surrounding area and looking for a long term career path. There are exciting changes coming to the digital department that could include being able to have real input on the team and new processes from the ground up!
Being willing and able to learn new skills, apply them successfully, and work in a challenging, multi-tasking environment are extremely important qualities for a successful candidate to have. This position also requires you to wear many different hats, from web or graphic design, to tech support, to writing, to event photography and more.
Still reading? Check out some of the regular tasks you may during your day:
– Complete client requests for updates on websites including writing or posting articles about new client services or designing new web pages
– Plan and complete full website builds
– Maintain current websites by completing small back end tasks like theme and the occasional plugin updates
– Design print or digital materials like giveaway imagery, proposals, printed banners, web banners, and more
– Writing articles on various topics with the ability to alter your writing style to different audiences
– Social Media Up keep of over 10 Facebook and LinkedIn pages
– Complete end of month tasks including database back ups and analytics data capturing
– Attend client or community events to photograph happenings and complete post-event articles
-Other tasks that management may request from time to time
Skills for Web Design (required)
– Have a strong eye for design
– Have some experience with WordPress
– General understanding of SEO and how to implement in across websites, web pages, and articles
– Basic HTML & CSS Knowledge
Skills for Graphic Design & Photography (preferred)
-Some experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & Illustrator)
– Experience with color theory
– Experience designing both print and digital materials
– Comfortable accepting feedback and critique and the ability to incorporate that feedback
Additional Skills (a Plus)
– Experience photographing events
– Experience writing proposals
– Experience with or be comfortable learning new software like Asana and Clockify
– Experience with videography and basic video production
– Experience using a FTP/SFTP Server
– Have pride in the high quality work you do
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have reliable transportation
Full-time: Beginning at 31K. Annual performance increases tied to department growth.
Submit your resume using the form below with at least two of the following:
- An outline of one project you’ve completed from start to finish, anything from a school assignment or past work project to a personal project around the house. This should be detailed and well documented, length will be based on how complex the project was.
- A 5-9 paragraph long writing sample written at the reading level for the general public in first person
- A 5-9 paragraph long writing sample written at the reading level for the general public in third person
Additionally, please provide any URLs to view professional portfolios or online work, including social media postings
All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at our company, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment. mediaBrew Communication Marquette Llc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does NOT discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender and encourages women and minorities to apply.