Work in a dynamic environment with something new around every corner!
Grow your web design and writing skills with mediaBrew Communications. We are a digital media Company working with web builds and digital media marketing (Google, YouTube Video, Instagram, etc). mediaBrew also own and operates six great Radio Stations in the U.P., thus the name media”BREW”.
This position offers an opportunity for you to gain more experience and grow your career with an industry leader. We are looking for a detail oriented, organized person to work with a small team on projects ranging from website builds and event promotions to creating graphic materials, writing articles and more.
This is a mid-level position within the department, meaning you should feel comfortable communicating with a team and dividing up tasks. You should be flexible enough to handle an active work environment where things change quickly or information arrives under a short time constraint.
You’ll actively use interpersonal communication skills to work with other departments to collect information for projects like client requests or confirm that content published online is matching what may be put out over the air on our Company owned radio stations and/or client web sites.
The ideal candidate will be located in Marquette Michigan or the surrounding area and will be looking for a long term career path. We have exciting builds in progress and on the drawing board that will present you with the opportunity to have input with the team on new processes and projects from the ground up!
Being willing and able to learn new skills, apply them successfully, and work in a challenging, multi-tasking environment are extremely important qualities for a successful candidate to have. This position also requires you to wear many different hats, from web or graphic design, to tech support, to writing, to event coverage and more. All while working with a fun and talented team.
Still reading? Check out some of the regular tasks you may during your day:
– Complete client requests for updates on websites including writing or posting articles about new client services or designing new web pages
– Plan and complete full website builds
– Maintain current websites by completing small back end tasks like theme and plugin updates
– Design print or digital materials like contesting imagery, marketing proposals, printed banners, web banners, and more
– Writing articles on various topics with the ability to alter your writing style to different audiences
– Social Media Up keep of over multiple Facebook and LinkedIn pages
– Complete end of month tasks including database back ups and analytics data capturing
– Attend client or community events to photograph happenings and complete post-event articles
– Other tasks that management may request from time to time
Skills for Web Design (required)
– Have a strong eye for design
– Have some experience with WordPress theme builders and editors.
– General understanding of SEO and how to implement across websites, web pages, and articles
– Basic HTML & CSS Knowledge
Skills for Graphic Design & Photography (preferred)
Some experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & Illustrator)
– Experience with color theory
– Experience designing both print and digital materials
– Comfortable accepting feedback and critique and the ability to incorporate that feedback
Additional Skills (a Plus)
– Experience photographing events
– Experience writing proposals
– Experience with or be comfortable learning new software like Asana and Clockify
– Have pride in the high quality work you do
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have reliable transportation
Full-time: Beginning at 31K. Annual performance increases tied to department growth.
Submit your resume using the form below with at least two of the following:
- An outline of one project you’ve completed from start to finish, anything from a school assignment or past work project to a personal project around the house. This should be detailed and well documented, length will be based on how complex the project was.
- A 5-9 paragraph long writing sample written at the reading level for the general public in first person
- A 5-9 paragraph long writing sample written at the reading level for the general public in third person
Additionally, please provide any URLs to view professional portfolios or online work, including social media postings
All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at our company, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment. mediaBrew Communication Marquette Llc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does NOT discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender and encourages women and minorities to apply.