mediaBrew Communications has two (2) immediate opportunities to join the most creative, dynamic, and community-oriented media team in the Upper Peninsula. One job opening is full-time, while the other is part-time, though likely to move to full-time. As a member of our mediaBrew digital team, you will help our client partners to flourish and our community to shine, all while supporting staff projects, marketing initiatives, and helping team members.
Our award-winning media division is about to launch a series of new digital initiatives, and we need new team members committed to delivering on the promises of those initiatives. mediaBrew is well-established and committed to expanding our unique digital offerings.
Candidates with experience and/or education in front-end web design and development, writing, and online and print graphics are preferred. While technical skills and experience matter, relationship building is also a key to our culture.
Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, organized, purpose driven, honest, dedicated, and professional. Successful candidates will grow with our company, and help the company grow as well. Your unique insights and talents will be welcomed by the entire team. It is hoped, once you gain some experience, you’ll help drive our company to better solutions and even greater success. Team building, working with clients, and task management are the most challenging and rewarding parts of the job.
A successful candidate will be a good writer. Typically, this writing includes the creation and curation of social media posts with photos, as well as promotional writing, daily email correspondence, and community-centric articles. Documentation of all efforts is vital to justify client billings and to help identify potential improvements.
The ideal candidate is one that is ambitious. This role’s trajectory is to one day lead our growing digital division, help it to improve integration between our departments, and strengthen mediaBrew’s commitment to our client’s success.
Day to day operations include solving unexpected challenges. Learning to utilize established tools will be expected so you can maintain current content and complete new work at the same level or higher.
At mediaBrew we pride ourselves on growing our client culture. You’ll be responsible for maintaining and building on our current positive working relationships with established clients, while also empowering you to build new relationships and strategies with prospective clients and the community. Meaningful and effective client partnership skills are a must for your success at our company.
- Writing content that delivers results is high priority, but only part of what you’ll be doing to overcome daily challenges.
- Training provided for Quick Mastery of specific theme editor(s), a bit of HTML and CSS.
- The ability to work with clients one-on-one to build a partnership and establish long-term trust relationships.
- You’ll need to proactively identify problems, diligently track down the causes, find options to resolve problems, and then implement the best solution(s) to resolve problems transparently.
- Continuous prioritizing, coordinating, planning and resolving conflicts of ever-changing events and competing interests.
- You’ll need to be comfortable with the basics of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop and/or Illustrator, to update or create graphic elements on a regular basis.
More To Consider
- While we will provide training for the right candidate, candidates should be comfortable working under pressure while multitasking.
- The ideal candidate will be located, or be willing to locate in Marquette or the surrounding area, and be looking for a long term career path.
- Knowing some HTML5 and CSS3 is a good thing. SEO skills and creating a positive user experience are important to master early
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have reliable transportation
Full-time: Beginning at 30K+, based on experience. Annual performance increases tied to department growth.
Part-Time: Up to 15K depending on hours worked, high probability of full-time in the future.
Submit your resume using the form below with at least two of the following:
- An outline of one project you’ve completed from start to finish, anything from a school assignment or past work project to a personal project around the house. This should be detailed and well documented, length will be based on how complex the project was.
- A 5-9 paragraph long writing sample written at the reading level for the general public in first person
- A 5-9 paragraph long writing sample written at the reading level for the general public in third person
Additionally, please provide any URLs to view professional portfolios or online work, including social media postings
All qualified persons have equal opportunities in positions at our company, including but not limited to equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, appointment, promotion, training, discipline and treatment. mediaBrew Communication Marquette Llc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does NOT discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender and encourages women and minorities to apply.