Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center (UGL), the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department, and the Marquette County Health Department have coordinated efforts to provide COVID-19 drive through test sites at the following locations:
- Tuesday, July 7th from 9:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST
- Marenisco Medical Clinic, 236 Main Street, Marenisco, MI 49947
- Wednesday, July 8th from 10:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Gladstone Senior Center, 303 N. 8th Street, Gladstone, MI 49837
- Thursday, July 9th from 10:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Michigamme Township Office, 202 W. Main Street, Michigamme, MI 49861
The opportunity to be tested is available to all community members from the convenience of their vehicle. Anyone wishing to be screened and preregistered for a COVID-19 test should call toll free number 844-947-4854 in advance to schedule a drive through appointment. A representative will ask a few screening questions and callers will be asked to provide some personal information, including their consent for treatment, to complete the preregistration process. Once received, an appointment for the drive through test will be scheduled. Additionally, individuals will need to provide the color, make and model of their vehicle for identification purposes.
Drive through testing is only available to those who preregister in advance by calling toll free number 844-947-4854. Individuals participating in drive through testing must present and remain in their vehicle during the appointment.
The COVID-19 test being used in this situation is a nasal cavity swab that only takes a few minutes to complete. Currently, test results are received in about a week. Drive through testing will be schedule on a first-come, first-served basis.